ALIGNED WITH THE UNITED NATIONS SUSTAINABLE
Agri Resources Group contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the UN for 2015-2030 by effectively managing our land and sharing best practices with local communities, as well as investing in social projects that aim to close the poverty gap and environmental projects for the preservation of biodiversity.
We operate in underdeveloped areas and recognise that our company has an important role to play in driving positive change for our employees, suppliers and local communities.
We will continue to collaborate with key international businesses and institutional partners, such as the World Bank and IFC, as well as the world-leading companies for the sustainable sourcing of ingredients, in the areas of:
We have developed several programmes including:
- Incentive programmes for the adoption of good agricultural practices by local farmers
- Environmentally sustainable management of land and natural resources by preserving the residual forest and implementing agroforestry
- An environmental and social management system, addressing social and environmental risk mitigation – notably vanilla traceability in Madagascar
We have initiated several projects for:
- Agronomic training, security and education of farming communities
- Preservation of traditional know-how
- Creation of better opportunities for farming communities
- Promoting gender equality and female leadership
Agri Resources Group is a member of The Sustainable Agriculture Platform (SAI Platform)
The Sustainable Agriculture Platform (SAI Platform) provides the tools and resources for Agri Resources Group to work with other stakeholders across the agricultural value chain and advance together in our common goal of global sustainable agriculture practice.
Learn More: www.saiplatform.org