Prang Agro Resources is ready to start commercial operations in Ghana.
We are preparing 12 000 ha for the cultivation of essential agricultural products with the goal to contribute to domestic food security, in line with the Ghanaian government’s effort to move to a gradual ban of maize and rice importation.
Prang Agro Resources has already secured a land concession, located in Pru East District (Bono East Region) In the heart of Ghana`s “Maize belt” and is now focusing on securing investments, offtake agreements and developing its network of International & local partners and suppliers.
The company is driven by a strategy for local value creation, which will be supported by :
- The development of modern farming, packaging and processing units.
- The sustainable management of land and natural resources.
- The investments in people and technology to continuously improve operations and create quality job opportunities.
- The support and trainings provided for the farming communities, living in proximity to the concession.
- The creation of cost-effective routes to markets.
Agriculture will continue to be the second fastest-growing sector in Ghana’s economy. In 2019, Ghana maintained single-digit inflation and a relatively stable exchange rate.
As the Ghanaian government moves to a gradual ban of maize and rice importation, this means that local production is stimulated in order to fulfil the country’s commodities needs, creating a great opportunity for PAR to contribute to this valuable action promoted and sustained by the government.